Monday, September 9, 2024

The Gentle Eraser


Drawing In Time:

Sticks, Sand, Ocean, Camera, Finger

30” x 30” 

Within my first image I quickly sketched a seashell within the sand, near the water. I chose to do this to represent that the art is inherently temporary. Within my second image is the ocean waves starting to come in and approach my quick sketch. This captures the moment of my creation to extinction which reflects on how the sand art is interacting with the natural environment. my final image shows the drawing submerged under the waves and is no longer visible. This highlights the momentary nature of my artwork and only leaves behind the memory of its existence.




Nature Meets Art:

24 x 24

Crab and Camera

This photo represents my idea behind Ephemeral art by displaying how the crabs presence is temporary between a fleeting interaction of human architecture and wildlife. Symbolizing the ever-changing moments between nature and its surroundings.



Footprints of Time: 

24 x 24

Shoes, Dirt, and Camera 

My reasoning for this idea was to show my two different marks of my show prints for each foot within wet dirt from the rain. Although they will fade overtime or shortly from other natural occurrences. This displays how quickly our presence and things can chance in the environment. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gentle Eraser

Drawing In Time: Sticks, Sand, Ocean, Camera, Finger 30” x 30”  Within my first image I quickly sketched a seashell within the sand, near th...